Location: Oahu (Hawaiian Islands)
Director, Construction Services
Provide the following functions:
• Inspect and identify key construction defects in client residential and commercial construction projects for remedial correction and subsequent re-inspection
• Typical duties include: field inspection; framing, plumbing, mechanical, roofing, building wrap and electrical installations in residential and commercial buildings; check plans for new construction or alterations or remodeling for existing structures to ensure compliance with pertinent codes and accepted engineering practices; review plans; confer with architects, contractors, builders and the general public in the field, and office; investigate and identify code violations or complaints.
• Prepare written reports for client distribution and final summary reporting.
• Help to foster relationships at the Developer, Insurance Broker, and Insurance Wholesaler level in the market assigned.
• Effectively communicate and preserve the BPG Brand and message to both the vertical insurance channel as well as developers.
• Field services documentation & photography.
• Reporting to Field Services Supervisor accurate, coherent, and timely status reporting.
• Interface with client contractors and subcontractors in a manner that reflects positively on BPG.
• Effectively maintain careful records in both the BPG computer system and in hard-copy file form.
• Identify problem areas and recommend effective course for correction/remedy.
• Work on various tasks as assigned.
Successful candidate will possess the following:
• Certified ICC or ICBO building inspector or Class B Contractor license.
• Combination Dwelling Inspector / Plans Examiner preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of inspection experience with single family, multi family, conversion, and light commercial structures.
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record for the past three years.
• Extensive knowledge of the uniform building/construction codes and the ability to provide authoritative interpretation of these codes.
• Thorough knowledge of the methods, techniques and materials used in the various construction trades.
• Ability to read and interpret complex engineering plans, blueprints and specifications.
• Extremely diligent work ethic.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced and flexible environment.
• True Team-Player mentality.
• Superior interpersonal skills.
Attach your resume and email: email@example.com