3rd Party Quality Control Inspections
Our 3rd Party Peer Review Service is provided as a critical component of BPG’s Risk Management Program and is executed by highly qualified Quality Assurance/Quality Control professionals with years of expertise in the construction field. By being extremely effective at building strong relationships with General Contractors, our team brings value through experienced observation and thorough reporting.
BPGCS Inspection Services are different by design. Created to work with you and your construction personnel, we form a meaningful partnership designed to be more than compliance service…instead bringing value during the construction process to help avoid problems in the future. This is accomplished through:
- Focused areas of importance.
BPGCS focuses on the areas of a project that can lead to litigation down the road. This is simply because we focus on issues that we know can lead to large dollar future exposures. This means more protection…with quicker cycle times.
- Inspection of every unit.
- Statistical samplings can be weak in a potential trial or mediation. BPGCS employs 100% inspections to avoid that potential pitfall, but more importantly helps to build a sound product.
- Re-inspection of all correctible items.
- Re-inspection is important for today’s builders for similar reasons as our 100% sampling policy. By having a certified 3rd party re-inspection of the correctible item, there is certified evidence that the issue was remediated before moving on in the construction process.
- Fast response.
- BPGCS understands how important it is for you to get your project moving again after the notification of a correctible item. After the correctible item recommendation has been completed, contact our offices and a BPGCS will return to the site within 24 – 48 hours; sometimes even quicker. We’re here to help keep you on budget and on time!
- No hidden charges.
- With BPGCS, the price you see is the price you pay. We have many options and upgrades to our services, all designed to help either build a better product or make your project even more efficient or cost effective.
- BPGCS is compliant with your OCIP wrap policy. This means that our services will help to ensure your QA/QC services requirement is met. This is just one more way that working with BPGCS makes your life easier, so you can focus on what you do best - building quality projects.
Property Condition Assessment Services
As a full-spectrum consulting company, Builders Protection Group LLC has inspected numerous single family, multi-family, and light commercial projects. Each inspection varies slightly from building to building in regards to the scope of the inspection and the overall property condition. Included is a brief inspection sample checklist which should serve as a minimum of a homes systems and components to be inspected while conducting a property assessment.
Inspection services have been performed for various customers to include:
- Insurance Carriers
- Real Estate Professionals
- Contractor Bid Assessments
A property assessment includes a visual inspection of the major mechanical and structural components of the home, from rooftop to foundation. The inspection includes:
- - The property site, building exterior, roof inspection, the attic, chimney, fireplace and building interior.
- - We inspect the plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning systems.
- - We go into the crawl space and check the foundation and the structural members.
- - We will disclose if there was additional construction to the building and verify if that construction is code compliant.
- - The built-in appliances are tested for proper operation.
Distressed Property Consulting Services
Aimed primarily at financial institutions, receivers and private investors, BPG’s distressed property services are designed to help manage the unique liabilities inherent in residential real estate development when completed or partially-completed projects change ownership. In many cases, the standard risks of construction are amplified by the possible lack of continuity in construction management and/or the dissolution of customer service programs when projects change hands. BPG can help financial institutions understand the status of a project and then develop a customized program to manage the risks, primarily from construction defect claims, or implement a program that will make the marketing of the project easier by alleviating some of the risks faced by potential buyers.
BPG can assess the current status of the project through inspections, construction and due diligence assessments. BPG can then implement a homeowner care program that includes homeowner turnovers, punch list management, limited warranty and manuals and post-sale customer service. For projects that are still under construction, BPG can work with insurance carriers and brokers to administer a new OCIP wrap program where a change in ownership may have caused insurance policies that were in place to have lapsed.
Our complete package includes:
- - OCIP wrap insurance administration
- - Quality control programs
- - Plan review
- - Field observation and inspection
- - Photo documentation
- - Outsourced homeowner customer service
- - Limited warranty with manual design/preparation
Contact us today, and We can schedule an appointment with you to give you an estimate on any of our services.
Schedule an Appointment